Top 20 Benefits of Implementing ERP for Manufacturing Businesses
- August 5, 2020
- Posted by: Shashi Ranjan
- Category: Manufacturing ERP Software
Top Benefits of Implementing ERP for Manufacturing Businesses
The top advantages delivered by ERP implementation specifically for manufacturers include the following:
1. ERP applications and a common database bring the transparency to manufacturing processes. They give the manufacturer a coherent, integrated real-time view of its productions, order processing, and the inventory. The manufacturing ERP software track a business’ cash, raw materials, production capacity, and the status of commitments regardless of which department has entered the data.
2. The ‘single source of truth’ allows for managing the operations proactively, prevents the disruptions and delays, and helps system users to make decisions faster. This helps reduce administrative and the overall operations costs.
3. Using quality information, companies can improve the order times, better update customers, etc. This helps in increase customer satisfaction.
4. Paper-based processes and the manual data entry greatly contribute to the occurrence of the costly errors in accounting, inventory management, and on the shop floor. Manufacturing ERP systems can automate not only error-prone procedures but also increasingly complex business operations. The software helps users navigate complex processes and optimizes the production, order completion, and delivery functions. Thus employees can add more value, which increases efficiency and productivity.
5. ERP software helps eliminate “fragmentation.” The problem arises when the product offerings and manufacturing volume start exceeding the capabilities of a company’s existing systems. An Manufacturing ERP solution will be integrating material and business controls into a single platform. This ensures better organization and control of production and back office functions.
6. Across the discrete industries, Manufacturing ERP solutions help factories streamline their entire production cycles and manage operations more efficiently.
7. Discrete manufacturers can enhance the productivity by deploying the manufacturing ERP as their manufacturing execution system on the shop floor. A simplified user interface will improve the operator productivity and efficiency. A supervisor workbench will help in improve shop floor visibility and monitor performance. Manufacturers can also deploy the planning and execution using the product replenishment lead times and demand.
8. ERP Software helps to manage the build-to-order production process and drives the operational excellence. It enables the companies to share the manufacturing processes and events and better manage the sequence using the flow routing. The Graphical product synchronization provides a real-time view of the manufacturing runs. Balanced the production and pre-planned inventory increase the operator efficiency and improve the product throughput.
9. ERP solution promotes collaborative manufacturing and helps integrate planning to the shop floor in all the discrete industries. Factories of all the sizes can achieve complete visibility to all manufacturing work order activity. They can see everything, from the initial order to the shipping, within the ERP system, track lot genealogy back to raw materials, and measure yield levels accurately with dynamic routing and yield-based operational costing. They can also make necessary changes in time, inventory or cost along the way.
10. The ability to align separate departments and improve the workflow results in significant savings.
11. Manufacturing ERP not only facilitates the information flow inside an enterprise but also manages the connections to outside stakeholders. The company’s wealth of knowledge can be accessible to all involved regardless of their location.
12. Modern ERP software calculates the ROI (Return On Investment) and helps in develop real-time business expectations based on the past and the current performance better than any manual process.
13. The MRP component within each ERP solution can assists with balancing between the demand and the supply in a way that will virtually eliminate the chance of a surplus or deficit of the stockpile. Advanced demand or supply planning makes sales more efficient.
14. Manufacturing ERP systems provide robust reporting functionalities, such as data visualization, and advanced analytics to manage changes and the support growth.
15. Advanced ERP systems for manufacturing industry position businesses to take advantage of innovations like machine learning, Internet of Things (IOT), robotic intelligence, and wearables.
16. These new technologies in ERP promote a comprehensive, real-time understanding of the business activities in the front office, on factory floors, and in warehouses.
17. The integration of all company functions, automation, and the real-time data analysis can improve performance. New data intelligence promotes better decision-making, helps find out the areas for improvement, and reduces administration costs.
18. Cloud ERP Software can helps to add the new users and support changing business needs quickly. It’s especially valuable for small and mid-sized businesses looking for fast innovation.
19. Industry-specific ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) products are designed with relevant best practices in mind and already tuned to the needs of the manufacturing industry. By employing such software, a company becomes an active member of an industry community and feels better prepared to compete in the market.
20. In the global economy, manufacturers are sourcing supplies from around the world and running factories in multiple time zones. Manufacturing ERP software provides companies with a comprehensive view of the overall status of outsourced manufacturing and allows to proactively manage the manufacturing processes, track the quality of the supplied components and finished products, and monitor sales and procurement activities to meet on-time delivery schedules.
Top Business ERP Systems for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV & Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Oracle Fusion
Manufacturing ERP Systems for SMEs business users. Choose As the world’s #1 cloud ERP solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central & Oracle Fusion is the best business software that is designed to fit the precise needs of our manufacturing customers. For more info contact at +91-9582999927 also mail for demo at firstname.lastname@example.org