- May 11, 2016
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: ERP
“IF ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO UPDATE……………….………….THEN IT SHOULD PLAN TO MIGRATE
WHY AN ORGANIZATION SHOULD UPGRADE:
- To maintain software version as per the industry standards and use latest technology
- Microsoft support policy has defined timelines for life of older versions
- Change in business dynamics and challenges faced in optimizing processes. Ex: B2B, Internet penetration, statutory compliances like XBRL, IFRS etc….
- Continuous evolution of technology creates scarcity of resources supporting older versions of software & hardware
- Evolution of other software like .NET, MS office creates gap between usability and sustainability of older versions.
- Redundant transactional data gets accumulated over a period is only required for records and analysis. But importantly makes system slow and consume resources which can be better utilized.
PRUDENCE UPGRADE METHODOLOGY
Key Business Advantages of Upgrading your ERP
ü Consolidating the learning of previous versions.
ü Consolidated data with drill down facility.
ü Short duration implementation.
ü Configuring amalgamation of learning & functionalities (New Features).
ü Option of selective migration based on wish list of users.
ü No need to maintain different versions of applications.
ü No hassle of testing migrated data.
ü Management dashboards with multiple company and multiyear transactional data.
|Business As-usual with no change in process||Non utilization of new features|
|Existing customization gets migrated||Even redundant customizations will be migrated.|
|Whole data would be available in new system.||Redundant transactions will contribute in resources utilization|
|Longer process since testing is time consuming|
|No defined methodology for customization migration|